Saturday, December 10, 2011

Melissa

Okay, now I have try the pork and potato dinner - Patrea's posted it twice; its gotta be good! I decided to add the recipe for the tacos I made (from my previous menu) because they turned out SO good. I was sick of ground beef, and I wanted some chicken. I was thinking Cafe Rio style, and I just wanted it tender and juicy on the inside, and blackened and tasty on the outside. So here's what I did:

Preheat oven to 350. Slice 2-4 chicken breasts in half the hot dog way. Spread a large piece of tinfoil in a baking pan (big enough to fold over and completely encase the chicken. Sprinkle salt down on the tinfoil, line the chicken in the pan (1 layer if you can manage it). Sprinkle salt on the tops of the chicken, fold tinfoil over. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Use broth in rice or sauce if you are going to make it. Cut cooked chicken into bite sized strips. In a gallon plastic bag combine 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil, 3-4 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce, 2-3 tsp. garlic salt, 1-2 tsp. onion powder and a few dashes of lime juice. (I just eyeballed it, just add those ingredients to your taste.) Add cooked chicken to coat. Heat a large skillet on the stove on high (get it really hot.) Dump chicken into skillet, let sear a few seconds on each side. Remove, and serve on soft, warm tortillas with shredded lettuce, grated cheese, sour cream, and salsa.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to copy you with some leftover chicken I have.

    ReplyDelete