Thursday, August 25, 2011

Melissa

Here are the next 2 meals I will be making. (We're also going to try Patrea's chicken fingers - they sound amazing!)

1. Tilapia filets with flavored rice

This is one of my favorite seafood dishes (since I hate seafood). It's really easy and quick to put together. I take 3 tilapia filets (I can get a good deal on these at Walmart - about $3.25 a pound. But I have been known to buy them at $5.50 a pound before). I put them in an 8x8 baking dish, and sprinkle them with a citrus seasoning blend. Then I put a few pats of butter on top, and cover it with tinfoil. I bake it at 350 for 25-30 minutes, sometimes longer to get crispy edges. At the same time I will make some flavored rice - my favorite is the Rice Sides brand Butter & Herb flavor. Make some asparagus or broccoli to go with it.

2. Mushroom mashed potatoes

This is going to be an experiment. When Levi took me to our anniversary dinner in Thailand, we went to this super expensive restaurant on the roof of a 64 story 5 star hotel. (It was $100 a plate). Anyways, Levi's dish came with some mashed potatoes that tasted AMAZING. We were trying to figure out what could possibly be in them since they didn't have a strong flavor, and we finally agreed that they tasted like they had mushrooms in them. So I am going to try to make some, by sauteeing a package of mushrooms in butter, then puree them and mix them into some mashed potatoes. Any suggestions for a main dish to go with them?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make meatloaf muffins. It is just regular meatloaf, but I cook it in a muffin tin. I like the crispy outside part best.

    ReplyDelete