Friday, August 19, 2011

Secrets about BEANS!

Secret #1 . You can substitute northern white bean flour in place of normal flour when you are baking and it tastes the SAME! (and it's much healthier!) The ratio you want to use for flour is 1/3 bean flour and 2/3 regular flour or else you'll end up with rock hard things.

Secret #2. You can substitute white bean puree in place of butter or oil when you are cooking, too! (tastes the same!!!) I cook the beans in my crock pot (cover with water) and cook on high for 4 hrs. Then I put them in my blender with some water and put the puree in baggies (1/2 cup of beans in each) and freeze them. The ratio for bean puree is 1/2 puree and 1/2 oil or butter.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, this is awesome! Do you make your own bean flour too? How do you do it? (Or if not, where do you get it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good to know for when you run out of lard! or shortening I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I grind my own bean flour with my wheat grinder. Any extra flour I keep in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete