Friday, November 18, 2011

Angela

So I never did find an onion soup recipe that didn't call for alcohol, but I did figure out how to make it. I just left the alcohol out. I fried 4 onions in butter until they started to brown. Then I added some flour, I think it was 1/2 cup. I cooked the onions and flour for a while, and added 2 tsp salt which Miriam said was too salty. I thought it was perfect. Brady said maybe a little too salty. Then I added 4 cups homemade beef broth and let it bubble for a while. Homemade bread and butter on the side. It WAS SO GOOD. I couldn't believe I have never made it yet. I'm totally making it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I've tried french onion soup a couple of times, it sounds pretty much like the same recipe. My favorite is to get toasted baguettes and melt provolone cheese on them to go with the soup.

    ReplyDelete