Friday, November 25, 2011

Angela

This week

Friday: leftovers
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: leftovers
Monday: turkey soup
Tuesday: turkey fajitas
Wednesday: turkey sandwiches

I also made that cranberry salad and was worried I didn't make enough, it was just a small bowl, but it wasn't even half gone at the end. I'm not that fond of it myself, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!

For Thanksgiving we had:
23 pound turkey
mashed potatoes and gravy
stuffing
homemade pickled beets (more on this later)
cranberry sauce
cranberry salad
green bean casserole
candied yams
cranberry ginger ale
homemade crescent butter rolls
cranberry cheesecake
pumpkin cheesecake
chocolate eclairs and cream puffs

To make homemade pickled beets, (I got a 50 pound bag of humongous beets really cheap) I roasted the beets in the oven in foil like a potato, peeled and sliced, packed in a half gallon jar (an old pickle jar I saved) and poured a brine over them. The brine is 2 cups sugar, 2 cups cider vinegar, and 2 cups water, boiled 3 minutes. I just leave this in the fridge until they are gone! It should last 3-4 months, but I'm sure they will be gone fast, Charlotta thinks they are better than candy.


No comments:

Post a Comment